Monday 21 January 2008

Beautiful alpaca wool


I received this wool in the post on Friday. I ordered it before I had gone through all my wool in the cupboard. But it was such a bargain, about £2.00 a ball. I bought it from a yarn store in America, www.jimmybeanswool.com This is the first time I have bought wool from America. On the same day I also bought wool for transition gloves. I will add a picture of the wool and pattern next time.
The wool in the picture is a beautiful deep purple and I think I will knit a waistcoat. I spent the whole weekend looking for a pattern - I love starting new things.

2 comments:

Louise said...

ooh yum that looks nice, I love Jimmy Beans.

Welcome to Blogland Lorraine! Join the queue for a ravelry invite if you're not already a member, it's perfect for browsing patterns :)

Jane said...

Hi Lorraine! The wool looks gorgeous; great colour. I bought some alpaca wool too on my brief stay in Denver. Am making a lovely beanie with it, but it's a bit too hot here to wear it! :(