Monday 25 February 2008

Knitting in purple (part 1)


I have a theme going on here - purple. This is from the Erika Knight Classic book and is knitted in Kidsilk mohair. I just have to sew on the fastenings and sew on the ends - I must do it soon or it will sit for months.


I am using this alpaca to knit a waistcoat. I'm trying to design it myself. I wanted a deep rib and deep v but couldn't find a pattern


Since taking this picture I have finished this jacket/cardigan but I hate it so I'm about to start rattling it down. What was even worse is that I had to buy an extra ball of wool to finish it. Everything was wrong about it but the neck was the worst it was so loose and sitting away down at my shoulders.
Finally, this is a picture that Paul took and framed for my Valentine's present - I absolutely love it.



3 comments:

Sal said...

I should take the plunge too with the odd thing I've knitted, hated and never worn and left in the back of the drawer - but all that work gone! Love the purple!

Di said...

I love all your purple! It must be terrible to have to rip out all that work but better to have the yarn to do something else with than an item you'll never wear!

The photo Paul took is perfect! I love the strength of the colour in it!

Manoute said...

Such a shame you have to rip out that cardigan. It looks lovely on the picture.
Love the photo.