Tuesday 5 February 2008

A whole new stash


I was at Twist Fibre in Newburgh on Saturday at a spinning class. It was really good fun but I seemed to have real problems with the concept 'clockwise' hence the arrow that was helpfully drawn on my spindle. Of course I couldn't leave without buying the equipment for my new project - you will see I like bold colours.

It is really enyable to do. I was told it was relaxing but I don't think I have quite mastered the technique to make it relaxing. I am still a long way from spining any wool I could knit with.

I also bought some wool to dye and then spin - not quite sure when I'm going to complete all these projects.


Here is me spinning, well I'm actually posing because I'm holding the wool the wrong way. You will see I am wearing quite a few hand knitted things. I think I may have commited a fashion faux pas as I read recently on a blog that you should only wear one hand knitted thing at a time. I also had on knitted gloves and scarf - it might be because I'm a big show off and as I was going to a wool shop where people appreciate hand knitted items. Anyway it is not my worst fashion disaster - I was a Bay City Roller fan - sorry you need to be over 40 to get that.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Fashion faux pas? Never! We should all wear as many hand knits as possible at every opportunity - especially when going to a wool shop!